If you are like most other people, you may be a bit nervous when confronted with your visa interview. However, if you prepare yourself ahead of time, you will feel much more at ease. One of the best ways to prepare is to practice answering the questions that you will likely be asked. To help you accomplish this, you will find some of the most common questions listed below.
REMEMBER: Only answer questions truthfully and honestly, do not provide any false answers. Always be sure to provide details to the specifics of each question and have all materials ready for presentation during the interview (for example – marriage license).
This section is organized by the types of questions that may be asked during an interview. The sections are:
- Questions pertaining to Your H-4 Visa.
- Questions about the H-4 Visa Applicant.
- Questions about your H-1B spouse.
- Questions pertaining to your marriage.
The Sample H-4 Visa Interview Questions
For your research purposes, we’ve provided some sample questions that may be asked in an interview situation. Remember, always prepare with necessary evidence and always answer questions honestly. Please review the following sample questions:
- What type of visa do you need?
- What do you need a visa for?
- Who made your interview appointment?
- How did you get the necessary documents for your interview?
- If you are applying for a visa after your spouse, you may be asked when your spouse received visa stamping.
- Another question you may be asked if you apply for a visa after your spouse is why you did not attend your spouse’s interview.
H-4 Questions About You
- What are you going to do in the U.S.?
- Are you going to work when you get to the U.S.?
- Do you have any family in the United States? – Answer this question appropriately.
- Where do you live now?
- Who are you living with now?
- Where will you live when you get to the U.S.?
- Who will support you financially while you are in the U.S.?
- Who is going to pay for you to go to the U.S.?
H-4 Questions About Your Spouse
- What is your spouse’s date of birth?
- What university/college did your spouse graduate from?
- What is your spouse’s highest degree?
- What is the name of the business where your spouse works?
- Where is your spouse’s employer and its headquarters located?
- What does your spouse do at his/her job?
- How long has your spouse been working in the U.S.?
- How long has your spouse been working for his/her current employer?
- How much does your spouse earn per year?
- They may ask to see your spouse’s pay stubs and/or bank statements.
- Has your spouse obtained a green card?
H-4 Questions Pertaining to Your Marriage
- They will ask to see your marriage certificate.
- They may ask to see your wedding photo album or invitation card.
- How long have you and your spouse been married?
- On what date did you get married?
- Was your marriage arranged?
- Who arranged your marriage, and how was it arranged?
- When did you first meet your spouse?
- How and where did you meet your spouse?
- Where did your wedding take place?
- Was your marriage registered?
- Who paid for your wedding, and how much did it cost?
- Were you engaged before your wedding, and if you were, do you have proof?
- Did you go on a honeymoon, and if you did, do you have proof?
Prepare yourself for your interview by gathering together your necessary documents and practicing the answers to the questions you will be asked, and the process is sure to go smoothly.
Call us today!
Are you interested in pursuing an H-4 visa? If so, contact KPPB Law today. Our immigration department is experienced in processing H-4 visas and would love to help you. Call us at 703-594-4040 or contact us online for a free consultation. Call us today!